The State of Texas has been allocated $31,319,686 in Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) funds from the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Affairs (HUD) as disaster recovery assistance for wildfires that occurred between August 30, 2011 and December 31, 2011.
Governor Perry has designated the Texas General Land Office as the administrator of these funds. HUD has issued federal guidelines on how the State can expend these funds. The State’s Action Plan received HUD’s approval on August 29, 2012.
HUD directed the State to target at least 80% of the wildfire assistance to Bastrop County. The remaining 20% will be a competitive grant process for impacted counties. As outlined in the Action Plan, we anticipate only conducting housing activities in Bastrop County. The non-housing grant competition will take place in October 2012.
Housing applications for Rehabilitation and Reconstruction will be accepted through midnight February 22, 2013. This application is only for Housing Rehabilitation and Reconstruction for individuals who owned a Bastrop County home at the time of the wildfire. The applications for Down Payment Assistance (DPA) will be accepted through April 30, 2013.
Questions about the Housing application process can be directed to Lutheran Social Services Disaster Response, the case manager for the Wildfire Housing Program. They can be reached at 855-706-7556. All applications and guidance documents are located on the right hand side of this page.
Amendment No. 2 to the State of Texas Wildfire Action Plan has been posted and the Land Office will accept comments through April 21, 2013. Please submit any comments to email@example.com.