Due to an increasing number of requests received for special cleanups, the Texas General Land Office Adopt-A-Beach program must limit the number of sites available for these cleanups.
Available Cleanup Sites
- Sea Rim State Park — Jefferson County
- Galveston Island State Park — Galveston County
- Mustang Island State Park — Nueces County
- Padre Island National Seashore — Kleberg County
- Andy Bowie Park, Edwin Atwood Park or Isla Blanca Park — Cameron County
If you are interested in organizing a special beach cleanup, please provide us with the following information:
- Date of proposed cleanup
- Number of participants
- Time of day and duration of cleanup (for example, 9 a.m. to noon)
- Location of cleanup (chosen from site list above)
Once we receive your information, we will work with your chosen site to see if the park or site schedule can accommodate your event. Your event is not confirmed until the site/park and the General Land Office approve your request. Event request approval is subject to resource and staff availability.
Also we request a minimum donation of $50 be made to the Adopt-A-Beach program to help cover shipping fees for cleanup supplies. Donations can be made here or you may mail a check to:
Texas General Land Office
P.O. Box 12873
Austin, Texas 78711-2873
Thank you for your interest in the Texas Adopt-A-Beach program!