Beach Guardian Information and Guidelines
The Texas Adopt-A-Beach program is an all-volunteer effort to remove debris from our beaches and coastal waters, and to increase public awareness about the problem of beach litter.
By becoming an official Beach Guardian in the Texas Adopt-A-Beach program, you will join a network of concerned Texans dedicated to keeping our coast clean, safe, and beautiful.
This is what we ask of our Beach Guardians:
Clean your stretch of beach at least three times during the adopting year:
- During the Spring Cleanup in April
- During the Fall Cleanup in September
- At another time of your choosing
- Coordinate your cleanup efforts with the local Adopt-A-Beach program volunteer coordinator. We will provide their name and contact information in your Welcome Packet.
- Record information about trash collected on data cards provided by the Adopt-A-Beach program, and return the cards to us.
- Help us spread our message that trashing Texas beaches isn't cool!
Here’s how to Adopt A Mile and become an Official Beach Guardian:
- You can either complete the form online or download the form and complete it. Then send by fax and/or regular mail.
P.O. Box 12873
Austin, Texas 78711
- To complete the form online - Apply Here
- Or Download the form and complete by fax and/or regular mail.
- Once we receive your application, we will begin processing it to secure you a designated mile of beach. You will then receive a welcome packet to the Beach Guardian program that includes a certificate signed by Texas Land Commissioner, Jerry Patterson.
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Then make plans to join us for our next beach cleanup!
If you need an additional form or have any questions please call us at 1-877-TX COAST (1-877-892-6278) or contact Adopt-A-Beach.