The GLO Oil Spill Prevention and Response Program is a national leader in oil spill research.
The research and development grant awards approximately $1.25 million per fiscal year to State of Texas institutions of higher education to be dedicated towards research and development activities. Funding offers continued support for ongoing, long-term projects, as well as soliciting for new prospective projects designed to enhance forecasting models, wetlands restoration, data delivery, and other oil spill prevention and response related activities.
Recently funded projects include:
- Testing and development of oil discharge prevention and response technology
- Oil discharge response training
- Wildlife and natural resources rescue and rehabilitation
- Development of computer models to predict the movement and impacts of unauthorized discharges of oil and other purposes
- Environmental data collection
- Recovered materials management
- Research into chemical countermeasures
- Request for Applications (RFA)
Provides an overview of the application process and requirements of the funding.
A completed application must be submitted to be considered for funding. Funding requirements and application submission instructions are in the RFA.
- Required Budget Document
As detailed in the RFA, a budget is required for each submitted application. The budget must be submitted on this provided form.
- Time and Activity Report
An awarded grantee will need to maintain time and activity reports for any personnel being charged to the grant. This documentation must be submitted to the GLO at the time of invoicing.
- Invoice Document
This invoice document must accompany any invoice submitted to the GLO.
- Progress Report
Throughout the course of the grant, progress reports will be required of the grantee. This is the document used for the required reporting.