Multifamily Affordable Rental Housing Program
The GLO is administering the Multifamily Affordable Rental Housing Program. This program provides a total of $250 million for the rehabilitation, reconstruction, and new construction of affordable multifamily housing projects in areas impacted by Hurricane Harvey. The maximum award for any applicant/development is $25 million.
- Development must meet CDBG-DR eligibility requirements;
- Development must be in a CDBG-DR eligible county;
- Minimum of 51 percent of the units must be restricted for twenty (20) or more years of an affordability period for low- to moderate-income (LMI) individuals earning 80 percent or less of the Area Median Family Income (AMFI) at affordable rents;
- The affordable rents must comply with HOME Investment Partnership (HOME) Rents and other existing Land Use Restriction Agreement (LURA) restrictions, if applicable;
- Multifamily rental development is eight or more rental units under common ownership; and
- Project construction must be completed within 18 months of the effective date of the contract.
**Developments located within the city limits of Houston and/or within Harris County are ineligible.
The priority deadline for rehabilitation applications for this program is August 22, 2018. To access the GLO’s Request for Applications and other information about the program please visit the GLO’s recovery website: http://texasrebuilds.org/Pages/Developers-H.aspx.
Schedule of events:
THURSDAY, JULY 12 - 9:30 A.M.
Dickinson City Hall
Dickinson, TX 77539
THURSDAY, JULY 12 - 2:00 P.M.
CICE Building, room 113
5091 Rolfe Christopher Drive
Beaumont, TX 77705
FRIDAY, JULY 13 - 9:30 A.M.
Wharton Civic Center, O'Quinn Room
1924 N Fulton St
Wharton, TX 77488
FRIDAY, JULY 13 - 2:00 P.M.
Rockport Service Center
City of Rockport Building and Development Department
2751 HWY 35 N Bypass
Rockport, TX 78382
MONDAY, JULY 16 - 9:30 A.M.
City of Conroe Tower (City Hall)
300 West Davis
Conroe, TX 77301
6th Floor of the Conroe Tower conference room 9
WEDNESDAY, JULY 18 - 1:00 P.M.
Stephen F. Austin Building - Room 170
1700 N. Congress Avenue
Austin, Texas 78711
Note: The GLO reserves the right to modify these dates at any time prior to the deadline for submission of Applications upon notice posted on the GLO’s texasrebuilds.org website.
Please submit all questions to HARVEYSUPPORT@glo.texas.gov Subject line: Affordable Rental Program RFA, to maintain transparency requirements.