Real Estate Sales
State Lands For Sale
You can view a statewide list of state properties for sale, sorted by region and other variables. For additional property information, please contact the Land Office Staff as indicated.
Please contact Robert Siddall for information at 512.463.6432
Sealed Bid Land Sale
The Texas General Land Office is in charge of real estate assets held by the Permanent School Fund (PSF) and other state agencies. This responsibility includes the evaluation, purchase, development, and sale of land necessary to protect and increase the value of the PSF.
Property Category Descriptions
- Investment Properties include all of the real assets acquired directly by the Permanent School Fund, ranging from rural farmland to major industrial buildings. All properties are sold differently and reviewed on a case-by-case basis.
- Sovereign Lands are rural tracts used primarily for agricultural and/or recreational purposes. The majority of these tracts are located in far West Texas.
- Tax Foreclosure tracts are generally residential lots located in urban areas. The state of Texas only governs foreclosures of property that occurred prior to 1982. Contact the local taxing jurisdiction in your area for a complete list of properties that may be available.
- State Real Properties are properties owned by other state agencies. If the Governor determines a state property to be underutilized, the Texas General Land Office may then be called upon to sell that property. Typically, these properties must be sold in a public forum such as an auction, sealed bid sale or through a real estate agent. Direct sales may occur once the property has been offered to the general public. The properties listed on the Land Office website are available for direct purchase. All properties are sold differently and reviewed on a case-by-case basis.
- VLB Forfeited Land Sales and Tract II Learn More
The Texas Veterans Land Board (VLB) has forfeited and foreclosed tracts available for sale throughout the state of Texas. The Type I Forfeited Land Sale (FLS) is available only to veterans. The Tex-Trax II Program is open to the general public.