Texas GLO Posts Amendment 10 to Hurricane Harvey CDBG-DR State Action Plan for Public Comment
AUSTIN — Today the Texas General Land Office (GLO) posted Amendment 10 to the Hurricane Harvey State Action Plan for $5.676 billion in Community Development Block Grant Disaster Recovery (CDBG-DR) funds for a federally required 30-day public comment period.
The amendment includes the following changes requested by Harris County and the City of Houston:
- Harris County Administered Disaster Recovery Programs
- Reimbursement Program reduces the amount of projected benefit to low- and moderate-income (LMI) persons to $24,500,000 and the Commercial Buyout Program increases the LMI benefit amount to $7,781,915. This increases the LMI benefit amount for Harris County to $688,660,740.
- Homeowner Reimbursement Program reduces the Deferred Payment Loan/Forgivable Promissory Note from 5 years to 1 year.
- Residential Buyout, Single Family New Construction, and the Local Infrastructure Programs add acquisition as an eligible activity.
- City of Houston Administered Disaster Recovery Programs
- Homeowner Assistance Program (HoAP) eliminates the 20-year lien compliance period for assistance over $80,000 and replaces the compliance period to a 3-year unsecured compliance period for assistance over $20,000.
- Single Family Development Program increases maximum award per development from $20,000,000 to $40,000,000.
- Economic Revitalization Program adds small businesses (as defined by the SBA) as an eligible entity.
The amendment is available for review at https://recovery.texas.gov/public-notices/index.html.
All comments should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5:00 p.m. on April 18, 2022, to be considered. Per federal requirements, the GLO must respond to public comments before the amendment can be sent to HUD for final approval.
More Press Releases