Established in 1991 by the 72nd Texas Legislature, the Texas State Veterans Cemetery Committee (Committee) is responsible for the creation of guidelines to determine the location and size of veterans cemeteries, and the eligibility for burial in a veterans cemetery.
The Committee is composed of six members. The three-member board of the VLB is joined by the Chairman of the Texas Veterans Commission (TVC) and two representatives of the veterans community to form the Committee. Both representatives are appointed to the Committee by the Chairman of the TVC and serve at the Chairman’s pleasure. The Committee meets as necessary.
Committee meeting agendas are posted in the Texas Register and can be accessed via the Texas Secretary of State website. Agenda must be posted seven working days prior to a Committee meeting.
To Be Announced
Stephen F. Austin Bldg Room 170
1700 North Congress Avenue
Austin, TX 78701
- George P. Bush, Chairman // Land Commissioner, Texas General Land Office (Ex officio)
- Alan Johnson // Member, Texas Veterans Land Board (Ex officio)
- Alan K. Sanderson // Member, Texas Veterans Land Board (Ex officio)
- T.P. O'Mahoney // Chairman, Texas Veterans Commission (Ex officio)
- James Duncan // Texas Veterans Commission (TVC Chairman)
- Glen M. Gardner, Jr. // Veterans of Foreign Wars (TVC Chairman)