The Texas General Land Office provides free permitting assistance to all small businesses, private individuals and local government organizations located within the Texas Coastal Management Program and Joint Permit Application Form boundaries.
Services and Benefits
Customers applying for an environmental permit for a facility or activity within the Texas Coastal Management and Joint Permit Application boundaries are eligible for permitting assistance. This service is optional and provided at no charge to customers new to the coastal permitting process or who would like the convenience and benefits of working with the Permit Service Center (PSC) staff. The goal of the PSC is to streamline the permitting process for our applicants.
- Provides direct access to regulatory agency staff members and offers project-specific technical assistance during the pre-application phase.
- Provides access to basic technical guidance for frequently sought-after permits within the coastal boundary.
- Monitors permit applications and reporting administrative status within various agencies.
- Identifies interagency disagreements that hinder permit issuance.
- Facilitates conflict resolution between permitting agencies and applicants.
- Residential Application Packet - Permit Service Center Residential Application
- CMP Consistency Statement - Upper Coast (Galveston)
- CMP Consistency Statement - Lower Coast (Corpus Christi)
- Corp of Engineers Form 4345 (PDF)
- Dept. of the Army Permit Instructions
- Map Preparation Guidelines
- General Land Office Commercial Application
- Texas Commission on Environmental Quality - Tier 1 Information
- Texas Commission on Environmental Quality - Tier 2 Information
- Texas Parks and Wildlife Department - Species Introduction Permit
- Texas Parks and Wildlife Department - Sand / Gravel Permit
Questions or Need More Information?
The Permit Service Center (PSC) is a free service to assist applicants with the permitting process. This service is optional and provided at no charge to customers new to the coastal permitting process or who would like the convenience and benefits of working with the Permit Service Center (PSC) staff. The goal of the PSC is to streamline the permitting process for our applicants.
- Corpus Christi PSC
6300 Ocean Drive, Unite 5848
Corpus Christi, TX 78412-5848
866-894-3578 (toll free)
Hours- 8 am - 5 pm
- Galveston PSC
Texas A&M University Galveston Campus
1001 Texas Clipper Road
Building 3026, Room 912
Galveston, Texas 77553
866-894-7664 (toll free)
Hours- 8 am - 5 pm