On March 29, 1929, the 41st Legislature created the Board for Lease (BFL) of University Lands. The BFL has authority over the leasing of oil and gas on Permanent University Fund (PUF) Lands and consists of the Commissioner of the General Land Office, as Chairman, two members of the Board of Regents of The University of Texas System, and one member of the Board of Regents of the Texas A & M University System. All members serve 2-year terms, with the exception of the Land Commissioner.
To Be Announced
- George P. Bush, Chairman // January 2015 - Present (Ex officio)
- Charles W. Schwartz
- Kevin Eltife
- Ernest Aliseda