Texas GLO Posts Harris County’s requested amendment to $57.8 million Hurricane Harvey CDBG-DR action plan for public comment
AUSTIN — AUSTIN — Today, at the request of Harris County, the Texas General Land Office (GLO) posted Amendment 5 to the Hurricane Harvey State Action Plan for $57.8 million in Community Development Block Grant Disaster Recovery (CDBG-DR) funds for a federally required 14-day public comment period. The amendment pertains to funding allocated specifically to Harris County by HUD out of the larger allocation.
The amendment includes the following changes requested by Harris County:
- Reallocates funds from the Harris County Voluntary Buyout Program and Harris County Mandatory Buyout Program to create the Harris County Affordable Rental Program: Supplemental
- Harris County Affordable Rental Program: Supplemental allocation amount is $16,500.000.
- Harris County Voluntary Buyout Program allocation amount decreased to $13,249,520.
- Harris County Voluntary Buyout Program eligible applicants and eligibility criteria adjusted to include property owners and remove the requirement that homes must have served as a primary residence.
- The Harris County Mandatory Buyout Program allocation amount decreased to $13,716,080.
The amendment is available for review at https://recovery.texas.gov/public-notices/index.html
All comments should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5:00 p.m. on May 27, 2022, to be considered. Per federal requirements, the GLO must respond to public comments before the amendment can be sent to HUD for final approval.
More Press Releases